Catronauts is a co-op real time adventure game where 2-4 players each command a guardian spaceship. Player’s ultimate goal is to colonize a new homeworld to replace their recently destroyed planet. To do this, they must work together to maneuver their mothership through space. They accomplish this by first positioning their ships and then dragging the mothership towards that position.
Players progress from avoiding stationary obstructions, to dodging moving obstructions, to fighting off malevolent Cosmopup spacecraft. As threats grow more numerous and deadly, players attain new tools to fight them. Player’s spaceships acquire new defensive abilities such gain the ability to push away objects or shield themselves from laser fire. As players progress, they will collect tech points which can be spent to unlock upgrades and new abilities, allowing players to customize gameplay to match their play style.
MY ROLE: Game Developer and Technical Artist
MY TASKS AND ACCOMPLISHMENT:
- Research and set the target users, design game mechanics of collaboration.
- Created 2D characters in Illustrator.
- Implemented HP and Energy HUD and in-game behaviours.
- Implemented out-of-game menu UI and logic.
- Implemented shooting and collision behaviours.
- Implemented conversation box UI and behaviours.
- Arranged and conducted tests.
TOOLS: Unity, Illustrator, Photoshop